Office Hours: Wednesday 8:00am-3:00pm
Courses Currently Teaching:
- COM 1300: Journalism Matters
- COM 2610: News Reporting & Writing
- COM 4610: Specialized Reporting: Mobile Journalism
Teaching and Research Specialties:
- Journalism and New Technology
- Religion & Media
- Games Studies
- Paul, N. & Perreault, G. (2020-In Press) Picturing the President: Visual analysis of the Donald Trump presidency on U.S. magazine covers between 2016 and 2018. The Journal of Magazine Media. 21, (1)
- Vos, T. P., & Perreault, G. (2020). The discursive construction of the gamification of journalism. Convergence, 26, (3): 470-485
- Perreault, G. & Vos, T. (2020) Traditional journalists on gaming journalism: Metajournalistic discourse on the rise of lifestyle journalism. New Media & Society. 21, (8)
- Perreault, G., Stanfield, K., & Luttman, S. (2019). “Why the h** l is There a White House Correspondents’ Dinner?” Boundary Work in Political Journalism. Journalism Practice, 1-17. Online First.
- Perreault, M. F., & Perreault, G. (2019). Symbolic Convergence in the 2015 Duggar Scandal Crisis Communication. Journal of Media and Religion, 18(3), 85-97.
- Perreault, G. & Paul, N. (2019) Narrative framing of the Syrian Refugee Crisis in Digital British Religious News. Journal of Religion, Media & Digital Culture. 8, (2)
- Mueller, T. & Perreault, G. (2019) The Psychology of Student Wellness: Relationships, Detractors and Exam Anxiety. Journal of Higher Education Management. 34, (1)
- Perreault, G. & Ferrucci, P. (2019). Punishing Brady, Redeeming Brady: A Fantasy Theme Analysis of Memes from the 2015 Deflategate Controversy. Atlantic Journal of Communication. 27, (3)
- Perreault, G. & Stanfield, K. (2019) Mobile Journalism as Lifestyle Journalism? Field Theory in the Integration of Mobile Journalism in Newsrooms and Mobile Journalist Role Conception. Journalism Practice. 13, (3): 331-348.
- Fulbright-Botstiber U.S. Scholar Award in Austrian American Studies. "Digital Journalist Role Conception in Austria and America." Fulbright Commission. U.S. Department of State. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. 2020-2021
- Top Faculty Paper, "What is Digital Journalism? Defining the Practice and Role of Digital Journalism." 2020 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Electronic News Division.
- Top Faculty Paper, "Picturing the President: Visual analysis of the Donald Trump presidency on U.S. magazine covers between 2016 and 2018." 2019 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Magazine Media Division.
- Ph.D. in Journalism, Missouri School of Journalism
- M.A. in Communication, Culture & Technology, Georgetown University
- B.A. in Communication, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Title: Assistant Professor, Journalism
Department: Department of Communication
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-2024